Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review: Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen

Being of an African American decent, most people wouldn't think sun protection is really important for us, however, skin cancer/diseases doesn't discriminate and it is highly important that we too, important our skin. Since I haven't found a skin screen that I absolutely love, I was a little nervous but excited when I received this one in my Influenster Summer VoxBox. Here are my thoughts...

 
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30
Also available in SPF 12, 30, 50!

Claims: With its ultra-luxurious hydrating silk ribbons, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ lotion sunscreen nourishes and pampers skin while providing broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, and 12-hour moisturization when out in the sun.

Where to Buy
You can find Hawaiian Tropic products at most major retailers.
Suggested retail price: $8.99 for a 6oz bottle

My Thoughts
The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle was the scent! Although I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like, it was really refreshing and summery. Granted the scent can tend to be heavy when you first put it on (think perfume lotion), it doesn't bother me. It really calm down and leaves a light scent throughout the day. I love that this sunscreen isn't like other popular brands out there. It goes on creamy like lotion and feels great on your skin. It isn't greasy and doesn't leave a cast on your skin. Very lightweight without sacrificing coverage and moisturizing! Leaves your skin soft all day.

Bottom line: Is it worth the money? Yes. Will you buy it again? Definitely! 

Rating: 5 out of 5!

--------------------


Disclaimer: I received these products to test for free through the Influenster VoxBox program. To find out how you can be apart of this program, visit their website at Influenster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment