Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ben Nye Powder + Tips

Hey everyone! Hope your week is going well. I just wanted to come really quickly and share with you all my little starter collection of the Ben Nye powders. Yes, I too, have jumped on the bandwagon and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

 
I picked up both powers from a local costume shop in my area.  I use Coco Tan to set my concealer highlight for under my eyes and anywhere else that I wanted to highlight. I have used it a few time and really love it. It's not too dramatic and blends in really well with my skin tone. As for the Chestnut powder I have not used it yet. I actually picked it up today since they didn't have any in stock. I'm not sure if this is with all places that sell the Ben Nye powders, but the price has increase. I paid about two dollar more than I did for the Coco Tan (which I purchased about a week ago).

 
Tip: We all know how mess it can be using these powders; one way that I found to be extremely helpful is to simply reuse empty powder/blush containers! I used both a powder (NYC) and blush (Wet n Wild Minerals) container. I have found this way is a lot easier than using the cap on the powder bottle and it keeps me from wasting any of the unused product.

Have you used the Ben Nye powders? If so, which one do you love.
Do you feel it is worth the hype and the increasing price?

4 comments:

  1. I like your hair and ur regimnes :D
    thanks for following

    which trend would u wear?
    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-trends-for-this-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u and thanks for stopping by. Please come by again

      Delete
  2. I'm somewhat of a caramel complexion. The Ben Nye dolce and camel luxury powders works really well on me. I use topaz translucent to highlight my undereye area. I have coco tan, olive sand and chestnut as well, but haven't tried them out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the 1.5 oz for $6.95 +1.95 shipping fee

    ReplyDelete