Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fitness Goal.

According to my BMI, I am underweight for my height (100lbs). To be consider at a healthy weight, I should be between 110-139. My idea weight is between 115-120. My goal is to maintain an average weight of 120. My body shape is consider healthy with room to stretch.

BMI and Body Shape
My BMI is 18.3 and my body shape (waist to height ratio) is .044

RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate)
My RMR is about 1389. This is the amount of calories that my body burns on a daily bases.

My goal is to gain at least 2 pounds a day. In order to do that, I need to increase the amount of calories that I intake.

Exercise
Focus on exercises that would increase muscle mass and maintain a healthy heart, such as resistance training. Keep running or jogging at a minimum to ensure weight retention. My personalize heart rate zones is between 0-137 (bpm) beats per 1 minute. This ensures weight management and endurance building.

Things to keep in mind when exercising
1. Do not over-exert myself. I should be able to maintain a short conversation without being out of breath.
2. Resistance, strength-building, and weight-bearing activities. At least two days a week, incorporate strength training into my routine. Training such as, weight lifting. Although this burns calories, it increases muscle strength and endurance. Aim for 6-8 strength training exercise with 8-12 repetitions per exercise.
3. Stretching/balance exercises. Stretching and balancing exercise improve flexibility, balance and posture.

No comments:

Post a Comment