Thursday, November 24, 2011

My weight story.

My weight has always been something I struggled with. From as far back and I can remember, I have always been petite and skinny. I think for the most part its because of my genetics and because I was a preemie at birth. When my mom was growing up, she was tall and skinny.

Throughout middle and high school, my weight was always a constant 98lbs no matter how much I ate. By the time I graduated high school, I weighted 100lbs even. I have always been pretty activity throughout those years; I loved playing flag football, running, skating and riding my bike.

Although my weight was never really a major issue with me, it was always in the back of my mind. It didn't hit me until I was a freshman in college. I saw so many beautiful ladies on campus that seemed pleased and happy with their weight. They were of all sizes, some were petite but thick, tall and at a healthy weight, and the guys loved it. When I looked in the mirror, I felt like I didn't compare. I felt like like no matter how much I ate, the weight wouldn't stay. Instead of gaining the "freshman 15" I lost weight! I despised it. I wanted to be like everyone else. I wanted my clothes to fit instead of them wearing me.

It wasn't until my sophomore year in college that I started to gain weight. I had managed to put on 20lbs and I loved it! Everything fit just right and I felt great. Unfortunately, the weight didn't stay and I ended up losing all the weight that I had gained. Three years later, I haven't gained the weight back. Today my weight goes up and down but no where near where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment